At CR Smiles – Meridian Dental Care we treat a wide range of problems in both adults and children including EXTRACTION OF TEETH
A dental extraction is the removal of a tooth from the mouth.
Extractions are performed for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Tooth decay that has destroyed enough tooth structure to render the tooth non-restorable
- Extractions of impacted or problematic wisdom teeth
- Extraction of extra teeth that block other teeth from coming in
- Extractions of some permanent teeth to make space for orthodontic treatment
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Wisdom teeth are third molars that usually appear between the ages of 16 and 25 at the back of the mouth.
- Wisdom teeth can grow unnoticed until they start to cause issues in the mouth.
- They are commonly extracted when they affect other teeth – this is known as “impacted wisdom teeth”.
- Wisdom teeth are extracted either because they have already become impacted or because they are potentially problematic.
- The extraction of wisdom teeth can be a troublesome procedure.
- We offer compassion and respect for each of our patients. We want you to know that it’s alright to feel anxious about your appointment – dental anxiety is quite common. Our goal, however, is to show you that there’s no reason to. We will make your dental experience as comfortable and stress free as possible. We offer headphones, televisions, massage chairs, and blankets during your treatment to help you relax and keep the atmosphere in our office calm and friendly. For our patients who like a little more comforting, we offer several sedation dentistry options at our Meridian practice, including nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation.
- To learn more about Sedation Dentistry go to the Sedation Dentistry page.
For more complicated procedures we will recommend an oral surgeon.
If you are experiencing pain from a wisdom tooth, contact us to schedule a free consultation.